375 Hawthorne Lane
Athens, GA 30606
During your first visit, Dr. Pylant will review your complete medical and dental histories with you. Thorough oral and periodontal evaluations will then be done. Dr. Pylant will examine your teeth and gums checking for signs of disease. Measurements will also be taken of your periodontal pocket depths using a small measuring instrument (much like a ruler). The measurements help Dr. Pylant determine the health of the gums. X-rays (radiographs) may also be taken to check for possible bone loss. This initial information helps Dr. Pylant assess your current periodontal situation and treatment needs.
After the extent of the disease has been determined, a thorough plan of action will be discussed with you prior to beginning any therapy. This will include a full review of the findings, treatment sequence and a discussion regardng financial policies/insurance.
If you would like to complete your Patient Medical History Form before you arrive, it can be downloaded by clicking on the link below. Please print the form, fill it out and bring it with you for your appointment.
Directions from Lake Oconee Office to Athens Office:
From: 1097 Greensboro Road Eatonton, GA 31024
To: 375 Hawthorne Lane Athens, GA 30606
Starting at the periodontal practice of F. NEAL PYLANT (1097 Greensboro Road), head east to Greensboro Road (aka GA-44 / Greensboro Road)
1. Go north on GA-44 E / Greensboro Road toward Scott Road NE and continue to follow GA-44 E - 11.9 mi
2. Turn left at West Broad Street / GA-15 / US-278 - 0.3 mi
3. Turn right at GA-15 N / N Laurel Avenue and continue on GA-15 N (Greensboro Highway through Watkinsville where it becomes North Main Street, and until it merges with GA-15 N / US-129 / US-441 - 26.2 miles
4. Bear right at GA-15 N / US-129 N / US-441 N / Watkinsville Bypass and continue to follow GA-15 N / US-129 N / US-441 N to Loop 10 (aka Athens Perimeter) - 2.6 mi
5. Continue onto Timothy Rd - 0.3 mi
6. Turn left to merge onto GA-10 Loop W (Inner Loop) / US-29 S / US-78 W toward US-29 S / GA-8 W / GA-316 - 2.4 mi
7. Continue on GA-10 Loop W to Exit #14 (Prince Avenue / Jefferson) - 6.6 mi
8. Take Exit 14 for US-129 N - 0.3 mi
9. Merge onto Prince Avenue and continue to Hawthorne Avenue (first traffic signal) - 0.2 mi
10. Turn left at Hawthorne Avenue and continue to the first traffic signal (which is Hawthorne Park) - 0.2 mi
11. Turn right onto Hawthorne Park (located in the 965 Hawthorne Professional Park).
12. Turn left onto Hawthorne Lane
13. Turn left into the parking lot of the F. Neal Pylant periodontal practice at
375 Hawthorne Lane, Athens, GA 30606